New EVent Protocols
Limited Gathering Size
As per local and state guidelines of each event, we will be limiting the audience size accordingly. Dancers cannot be accompanied by more than 1 person. Studios will abide by this gathering limitation and all audience members will practice social distancing and mask wearing. We have an HD Livestream of our event available on our website and the DanceBUG app for your family and friends at home.
Studio Time Blocks
For health and safety, our events will run in scheduled studio time blocks until further notice. Each studio will be assigned a block of time to arrive, warm up and compete. Studios with many entries may be split into multiple sessions, to meet indoor gathering capacity guidelines. Studios must adhere to the schedule and to the time allotted to them. Please do not arrive before your designated time. The venue, along with our team, will be doing a thorough cleaning of the stage, audience, dressing room, and all high-touch surfaces between studio blocks.
Livestream Award Ceremonies
Adjudications will be announced after studio blocks and overall awards will be announced at the conclusion of competition. These award ceremonies will be on Livestream as they are closed to the public. Studios are encouraged to hold their own socially distanced awards parties and tune in together to encourage community, camaraderie, & studio spirit! All awards will be mailed to your studio.
Entering the Building
Masks are required by dancers, teachers and attendees to enter the facility. In order to minimize outside contamination of the space, each dancer is asked to only bring costumes and one small bag with essentials. No rolling racks or duffels, please. Dancers are to arrive in their first costume and limit hair and make-up changes. Upon arrival, teachers & dancers will head to the Dressing Room and spectators to the audience. Please limit the number of parents assisting with costume changes.
Important Health Guidelines
– Face coverings are mandatory at all times in common spaces – lobby, dressing room, audience, backstage. Masks are not required to be worn onstage during performances, if state and local guidelines permit and your studio so chooses. There will be no deductions for wearing masks on stage.
– Props that cannot be solely managed by the dancer may not be used. Props may not be stored backstage prior to or after their specific entry.
– We ask that you maintain a distance of 6 feet between yourself and other attendees. Upon entering the facility, hand sanitizer must be used. There will be sanitizing stations set up for your convenience.
– Any competitor or attendee that has flu-like symptoms or feels sick, please do not attend the event. Your studio will be refunded.
– ADA Staff will receive temperature and wellness checks every day upon arrival and will wear masks at all times.
This health & safety plan, coupled with personal responsibility, presents our best efforts to keep our dancers, families, and staff safe.